Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sadie's Tie-Dye Birthday!

My friend Amy decided to have a tie-dye birthday party for her little girl, Sadie. I decided I would make Sadie a card instead of buying one. Since I was having a difficult time finding tie-dye paper, I decided to make my own paper. I used colored pencils and layered various colored rings onto the paper and added Stickles Glitter Glue to some of the rings to bling it up. Then I cut it out as the DP for my Easel Card.

The image is from The Greeting Farm's new scrapbooking kit called SUNSHINE. I paper-pieced her bathing suit to match the theme. I cut the scalloped circle using my Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circle Large Die. I kept the card pretty simple because I really wanted the tie-dye paper to be the focal point.

SUPPLIES:
Sentiment: is handwritten
Paper: background paper is hand-colored using colored pencils/blue paper with swirls was in my stash (not sure who it's from)
Ink: image is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and skin/hair are colored with Copics
Accessories: Classic Scalloped Circle Large Die. White & Pink ribbon from the dollar bin at Michaels/Jewel brads from The Paper Studio

While I was making the card, my 4-year old son wanted to make something too. With the help of his cousin Rachel, he made this picture for Sadie to hang on her wall. I think it was soooo sweet!

Here's the birthday girl showing off her picture! My son (in the back, to the left) handed off the present and then got distracted by the birthday blower, haha!

It was a great tie-dye birthday party and from the looks of it, I'd say the birthday girl was pretty happy with her gift!

See ya soon & Happy Scrapping!

Rosemary :)


No comments: