Monday, August 22, 2011

La-La Land Crafts Inspiration Monday-Winter Wonderland

Happy Monday everyone! You know what that means, right? It's another La-La Land Crafts Inspiration Monday. Every Monday we showcase a new and creative challenge at the La-La Land Crafts' site. The challenge this week is......WINTER WONDERLAND, and let me tell ya, I had lots of FUN with this one!

Before I start with my post, I would like to remind you about the CARD CONTEST happening on the La-La Land Crafts Blog right now to celebrate Marci and Luka's 1st Birthday!! The winner will get to take home a set of 36 Copic Markers....WOW!! You'll want to get your card uploaded asap because the winner is determined by FAN votes. You can purchase a digital stamp from the STORE so you can start right away. For all the details on this amazing contest, please click HERE.


Now on to the Inspiration Monday challenge--WINTER WONDERLAND

For my Winter Wonderland project, I decided to make a Diorama Card. You can find the tutorial by Curt O'Brian HERE. It was quite some work, but I found it FUN to challenge myself to do something different! There, of course, were some mistakes made along the way, but in the end I LOVE this project! I definitely have to remind myself to let things dry before working with them. I can't tell you how many times I had to add the liquid glass to Marci's boots or flowersoft to the snowman because I stuck my finger or paper on top, LOL!

For the front cover of the Diorama Card, I used Marci with Snowman. The image is colored with Copics and shaded with chalk. I added Liquid Applique to her hat, coat collar, top of her boots and the snowman's hat. I gave the snowball and snowman and coating of Polar White Flowersoft....cute, eh?!

The blue polka-dot paper behind Marci is CTMH and is embossed with Tim Holtz Snow Flurries Texture Fades Embossing Folder. I rubbed CTMH white ink over the top to bring out the embossing. The panel is cut using Spellbinders Labels 10.

Copics & Chalk:
Skin: E000, Chalk
Lips: R20, Chalk
Hair: E37. E33
Hat, Glove, Tights, Boots: R81, Chalk, Stickles, Liquid Applique, Liquid Glass (on boots)
Coat: E55, Chalk, Liquid Applique
Snowman: B91, YR02, YR04, E37, E25, Chalk, Stickles, Polar White Flower Soft


The gorgeous snowflake, background dp is from The Paper Studio. The large snowflake is a Christmas ornament. I got several bags of them from Michaels last year on clearance and finally found a good use for them! :) I also found this awesome felt, snowflake (self-adhesive) border on clearance at HL and placed it on top of royal blue cardstock for my center panel. The ribbon rose/bow combo came from a dear friend who lives in Romania. I added silver glitter brads (the Paper Studio) to the ribbon rose and snowflake for added bling. To finish it up, I placed clear rhinestones in the corners, and a crystal garland around the left side.

Here's the inside view. The card flips open to reveal a diorama on the inside.....cool!

I used the oh-so-cute Luka on Sled for the inside. Luka is colored with Copics and chalk and Tuffy the dog is colored with Distress Inks (I'm branching out and trying new things).

Copics & Chalk:
Skin: E000, Chalk
Hair: E29, E25, E33
Pants/Scarf: B91 & Chalk
Hat/Sweater: E31 & Chalk
Sled: YG91, C3, Chalk
Tuffy the Dog: Distress Inks (Old Paper, Walnut Stain, Black Soot)

For the inside top panel, I used more of that snowflake dp from The Paper Studio. The sentiment is from CTMH Snow Friends. I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I cut the frame using my Spellbinders Labels 10 and distressed it with Walnut Stain. Then I used my Liquid Pearls to add little dots around the sentiment to mimic little snowflakes. The snowman is a button. I cut the back loop off and glued him down.

Here's the bottom inside Diorama. I used the same CTMH polka-dot paper for my background. I tore some white paper to make the hill and then embossed it with D'vine Swirls. The frame part of the diorama is embossed with Swiss Dots Embossing Folder. I added Stardust Stickles to the inside and outside border and on top of the dots.


That's the end folks! I hope you enjoyed my Diorama Card! You should definitely give it a try. Just remember is does take some time so don't try it right before a deadline like me, LOL! Remember, you can join us for this challenge and upload your cards to our Customer Gallery. We draw a winner at the end of the month for some free goodies!

Have a great week and check back here on Wednesday for an awesome Birthday Blog Hop!!

Hugs,
Rosie

4 comments:

cebelica said...

How cute is this! I have never heard of (or tried) diorama cards but I love what it looks like. Your turned out so cute! <3 I love the fabby embellies you used. You have a great eye for details and your card has just the right amount of everything. It's fantastic! Hugs!

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, this is stunning Rose (as is all of your blog). I'm now following you !

Hugs,

Jo x

Karen said...

WOW..this is the sweetest Rosie! Stunning elements and textures for sure! I'd love to try distress inking too, and you've totally inspired me..now to just try it!

Traci said...

LOVE them. You are amazing & I love stopping by. Thank you for sharing & see you 2morrow. ;0)

Traci Lord
3team3lord3@comcast.net