Monday, September 12, 2011

Inspiration Monday-Use a Doily

Good Morning Everyone! It's Monday and I'm back with another Inspiration Monday. This week on the La-La Land Crafts Blog, our challenge for you is:

Use a Doily

For my project today, I decided to go out of my comfort zone and make a somewhat vintage style card. I'm not very good at doing vintage cards, but over-all I think it looks okay....I definitely need more practice! I used Fancy Marci....so appropriate, don't ya think?

I printed my Fancy Marci image on Fabric Transfer Paper and colored her with my Copics and chalk. You definitely need a light touch when you color on fabric because the ink will bleed if you get too close to the edge. It's not so much a problem if you are cutting your image out. But on this project, I wanted to imitate a canvas painting so I was leaving a border around my image.

The ink did bleed in some areas and I was able to push some of it back with my Colorless Blender. I hid some of the bleeding by rubbing Old Paper Distress Ink around my image. You also have to be careful when layering colors. Also, it helps to let areas dry before adding more ink so you can see how dark the ink will dry.


I stamped on top of the doily with my Inkadinkado script stamp in Memento Rich Cocoa Ink and then distressed it with Old Paper and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I punched out 7 scalloped circles to make my scrunched flower. I stamped the circles with the same script stamp and inked all over them with the same distress inks. Then I layered them on top of each other and placed a pearl brad in the middle. Next, I spritzed each layer with water and started scrunching toward the center. I gently opened the layers back up and let it dry. I cut the blue lacy doily from a piece of dp in the Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden paper pack.

Copics (colored on Fabric):
Skin: E000, R20, chalk
Hair: E25, E33, E000
Dress: R81, RV91, YG45, colorless blender


The beautiful background dp is also from Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden. I distressed the edges with my scissors and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I cut around the large butterfly wings on the dp and then raised them over the SB Fleur De Lis Rectangle Die. The word "Beautiful" is from CTMH and inked with Memento Rich Cocoa. I didn't add to many layers because I really wanted the gorgeous background paper to show!

If you would like to play along with us, please upload your creations to our Customer Gallery! Hope to see you there!! If you dropped by today, please leave me a comment so I know you were here. I may have a little surprise for one of my lucky commenters! (wink, wink)

Hugs,
Rosie


2 comments:

cebelica said...

Sweetie, this is amazing. You know I love vintage and this is fantastic. I love how you put everything together. Fab work! Hugs!

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous Rosie! Kim