Monday, April 22, 2013

Inspiration Monday~~DISTRESSING!

We have a new challenge this week at La-La Land Crafts and it's:

DISTRESSING!

Boy, this one gave me troubles. I just had a hard time figuring out what to do. One of my new favorite stamps is a new release called Sailor Luka so I decided to use him for my card.

Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Hair: E43, E44, E47
Blue: B00, B04, B05
Wheel: E13, E15, E18, E25

I also used some newly released dies: Flag Banner & Pagoda. My background paper was in my stash....I think it's from the DCWV Far East 12x12 paper stack. The blue dotted dp is from the Wellington paper pad. I used my scissors to distress the edges of the dps and Walnut Stain Distress Ink to distress the edges of the die cuts.

Now don't forget you can play along with us by uploading your creations to our Customer Gallery.

We also have an awesome Facebook Page where you can share your cards and meet some great people!! It's also the place Irina announces special sales and give-aways! :) And, for those of you who are real social butterflies, we also have a Twitter feed!

Have a great week!
Rosie :)

3 comments:

Mojca said...

Oh the card is just gorgeous Rosie! I love the cute die and the image is just so cute. hugs! MOjca

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

so cute rosie! i love the map in the background and the fab colours :)

cebelica said...

I wouldn't have guessed this gave you any troubles. Simply because in my opinion your card it turned out beautifully. Those distressed and inked edges really add a special touch. It kinda maked me think the paper you used for the background is a piece from an old, long lost treasure map.
Awesome work!
Hugs! xx