Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Paper Shelter~ANYTHING GOES!!

 Happy Wednesday everyone! Today starts a new challenge at The Paper Shelter. 

The challenge for the next 2 weeks is: 

ANYTHING GOES!! 
 This theme will run for 2 weeks instead of one week to give us ladies on the DT a summer break. :)

At The Paper Shelter, there is a new challenge every week along with an awesome prize up for grabs!! What's the prize? If you play with a TPS image and win, you get a $30 gift certificate to spend in The Paper Shelter STORE.  

If you play with a different image, you have a chance of  winning three digis of your choice. You can view all the challenge rules HERE.
Challenge prize badge 
For my card today, I used this new digi called Moon Spell! I think she just might be my favorite TPS image so far!! I LOVED coloring her!!

 Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E02, E11, E13
Hair: E44, E47, E49
Eyes: YG25, YG67
Lips, R20, R27
Red: R24, R27, R29, R59
Teal: BG10, BG15, BG18
Cat: C3, C5, C7
Moon: N0, N2
Sky: N0, N2, C3, C5, C7, B91, B95, B99

The dps are from Echo Park We Are Family 6x6 Paper Pad. The wide ribbon is from Hobby Lobby. The pearls were in my stash. I kept the card pretty simple so I could showcase the image!

 To enter our challenge, head over to The Paper Shelter Blog and link up your card. Be sure to use a new project please....no backlinking. This challenge will run until Tuesday, August 5th.

Have a great week!

Rosie :)

9 comments:

Pat K said...

Absolutely stunning! Love everything about it Rosie. Pat K x

Jo said...

this is amazing!

Nannieflash said...

Beautiful colouring Rosie, and I love the background. Its a stunning card. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Mojca said...

waw this is sooooo stunning I just can't sop looking at it! totally gorgeous Rosie! hugs! Mojca

NicoleDesigns said...

I absolutely love the way you coloured this image... you did a wonderful job with it... xo Nikki

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Stunning!

Melanie Smith said...

Rosemary, I saw your card over at Kit & Clowder and I just had to come over and read more about it. How in the world did you do the sky? It is beautiful. I was also just glancing at a lot of your work as well....you are VERY talented. :-) Melanie, who is your newest follower! www.fairystampland.blogspot.com

Gail said...

Wow, this is one gorgeous card. This image is outstanding. Your coloring is so fabulous..her hair is awesome! I love the wide ribbon and that you didn't put tons of embellishments on this card to showcase the image. This was a great strategy and you made a beautiful card! Hugs, Gail

Rosie said...

Hi Melanie, it was my first time trying this background. I started with the dark gray colors on the outside, and flicked my marker to make long strokes toward the moon. Then I grabbed my light Ns and started around the moon and flicked outward toward the darker grays. If the strokes were too defined I took my colorless blender and went over those areas to lighten then. Then I did the same technique using the blues and coloring over the gray. I just kept adding flicks of marker until I was finally happy with it. :)